Affordable Colorado Elk and Mule Deer Hunts!
Looking for an excellent value on your next Elk, Mule deer, or Black bear hunt? Check out one of Atcheson’s preferred Colorado outfitters, recently expanded to over 60,000 huntable acres!
Hunter capacity is being doubled (to 48 available hunts) for the 2016 season on fully guided hunts for Elk, Mule Deer and Black Bear on over 20,000 acres of private land and over 40,000 acres on BLM permitted leased land in GMU’s 11, 22, and 23. Most of the BLM land is landlocked by our private land. The private land in Unit 23 is a working ranch and has sage brush, rolling hills, hay fields, canyons, and flowing creeks. The property is surrounded by private land on all three sides.
Great care has been taken in managing the Mule deer on this ranch, producing some of the best buck deer in the area. Our clients usually enjoy 100% shot opportunities and 100% harvest on mature bucks. Bucks average 24″ with a few going over 30″. We don’t shoot anything under 3 points and only allow 8 deer hunters per year in Unit 23. Animals usually score 150-170 for deer and 260 and up for elk.
The outfitter also offers great cow elk hunts for $2,000 for three days fully guided with meals and accommodations for October and November hunts. However, a permit must be applied for by April 1st 2016, but the draw odds have been near 100% success. After the April 1st date, hunts may still be available if licenses still exist, so its best to apply ahead of time.
• Archery Season Elk: $3,800 (4-5 days, Aug 27 – Sept 30, Units 11 & 22, OTC tag)
• Archery Season Mule Deer: $3,500 (4-5 days, Aug 27 – Sept 30, Units 11, 22, 23, drawing)
• Rifle Black Bear: $2,000 (4-5 days, Sept 2 – Sept 30, Unit 11, drawing)
• 1st Rifle Season Elk: $4,500 (5 days, Oct 15 – Oct 19, Units 11 or 22, drawing)
• 2nd Rifle Season Elk: $4,500 (5 days, Oct 22 – Oct 30, Units 11 & 22, OTC tag)
• 2nd Rifle Season Mule Deer: $4,950 (4 days, Oct 22 – Oct 25, 140-170 class bucks, Private land in Unit 23, Landowner vouchers available if tag isn’t drawn)
• 3rd Rifle Season Elk: $4,500 (5 days, Nov 5 – Nov 9, Units 11 & 22, OTC tag)
• 3rd Rifle Season Mule Deer: $5,800 (Landowner voucher included, 4 days, Nov 5 – Nov 8 and Nov 10 – Nov 13, 140-170 class bucks, Private land in Unit 22)
• 3rd Rifle Season Mule Deer: $4,950 (Drawing only, 4 days, Nov 5 – Nov 8 and Nov 10 – Nov 13, 140-170 class bucks, Private land in Unit 23)
• 4th Rifle Season Elk: $4,500 (5 days, Nov 16 – Nov 20, Unit 11, drawing)
• Mule Deer and Elk Rifle Combo Hunts: $7,500 (7 days, Unit 11, 22, 23)
• Late Season Cow Elk Hunt: $2,000 for 3 days of guided hunting, must draw tag. April 1st deadline to book and apply, includes meals and lodging. Hunt in October and November. If booked after April 1st, we can see if there is any tags left over in August when the left over tags go on sale.
Bull elk and Mule deer licenses are not difficult to obtain by booking now. Contact us for current openings on these hunts.
African Elephant Hunting in South Africa
We have some very good trophy elephant hunts available in South Africa and Namibia for importable ivory into the USA. If your interested in hunting a big jumbo you would be wise to do it sooner than later as the future of the political winds are unpredictable. There are very strong elephant populations found in many southern African countries and much of the elephants future depends on important sportsman conservation dollars to support game departments and communities. The live photo (above) is an example of a bull from this area with roughly 50lb tusks. These elephant are fully importable to the USA.
Right now we have 2 very attractive trophy bull elephant hunts open in South Africa for the 2016 hunting season with an extremely experienced PH. The location is in Northern Natal in the Umfolozi hunting block. Hunters can expect 50lb. bulls on this hunt. Dates can be decided.
* 10 day hunt: $25,000 (total daily rates)
* V.A.T.: $3,500
* Elephant trophy fee: $30,000 (upon taking a bull)
* License: $250
* Observers: $250 (per day)
* Round trip road transfer from JNB is included in the trip
Other game available include Eland, Blesbok, Impala, Common and Mountain Reedbuck, Kudu, Nyala, Wildebeest, Red Hartebeest, Bushbuck, Steenbuck, and Zebra.
Contact us for more details. We also have good Elephant hunts in Namibia that are fully importable.
Stone Sheep Hunt Offer!
- $43,000 (14-day hunt)
- August 1st through September 30, 2016 and 2017
We have over four decades of experience with this excellent Canadian outfitter. The value in this hunt is in the incredibly high success ratio for large black-colored Stone Rams! Hunters use a combination of horseback and backpack (if needed). Contact us for details.