Black Bear | White Mountain Apache Reservation
Spring Bear Hunt on 1.6 Million Acre Reservation in Arizona
Now here is an exciting new hunt opportunity that is going to produce some big bears. After 10 years of trying to get the permit, our long time outfitter has been awarded a spring bear permit to hunt this massive hunting property. All types of hair coloration as well. There has been some hunting here in the past but not much with highly experienced dog teams and handlers. AZ and NM has many B&C bears in the record books as they grow huge skulls.
Big bears can be highly nocturnal, so by adding the ability to hunt with dogs, they will get some giant bears. They also have many baiting sites for those who do not want to run after a bunch of dogs. Excellent trout fishing opportunities as well.
A typical day’s hunt consists of running dogs in the morning, trout fishing during mid-day, and sitting in a bear stand in the evening. This hunt is for all types of hunters. Camp will be nice camper trailers and wall tents, great food served up by a camp cook and nice camping weather in the spring. If you come across a mountain lion, they can chase them as well. Lastly, there’s no state sales tax here either!
- $4,950 (1×1) or $3,950/hunter (2×1)
- Season runs April 1 to June 30, 2021
- 4 hunters/hunt period
- Add bear and/or mountain lion tags: $405 each
- Add 2nd bear: $2,450 (predation/trophy fee possible)
- Add mountain lion: $2,950 (trophy fee)
- Add non-hunting observer: $150/day
After the year we all just experienced, what a great way to get out and go hunting this spring! Call or write us today to get some hunt dates booked.
Travel Restrictions & 2021 Hunt Options
Independent of COVID Limitations
Many countries still have closed borders due to Covid restrictions, resulting in most US outfitters being fully booked for their 2021 seasons. However, we still have a couple of excellent hunts here in Montana open, and it’s almost time to apply for the drawings so don’t wait:
Montana Permit Application Deadlines
- Elk, Mule Deer, & Whitetail Deer: April 1st
- Bighorn Sheep, Mountain Goat, & Moose: May 1st
- Pronghorn Antelope & Cow Elk: June 1st
Alaska Hunt Openings
- Alaska-Yukon Moose
- Trophy Caribou on Alaska Peninsula in September
- Grizzly Bear (Spring & Fall) via snow mobile and horseback
- Brown Bear on Alaska Peninsula
- Baited Interior Grizzly & Black bears hunts this spring
Africa Hunt Openings
- We have numerous hunts to offer on “The Dark Continent.” African Safaris are also going to be taking place.
- There are flights available to get to Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Zambia, Mozambique, Tanzania, & other countries.